Acupuncture - The Earth Element
The element of maturity and of late summer, bearing the fruit of what summer has yielded. It represents our mother, both the mother who bore us and mother earth which feeds us.
In the body, it controls the organs of the spleen and stomach, and rules the flesh.
Its emotion is sympathy, giving it an understanding of what others feel.
Common Physical Issues of the Earth Element out of Balance:
- Obesity, tendency for cellulite
- Digestive problems
- Craves sweets
- Bruises easily varicose veins
Common Mental, Emotional and Spiritual Issues of the Earth Element out of Balance:
- Excessive worry
- Tendency to smother, or reject sympathy completely
- Whines, clinging
- May overextend and/or meddle
Earth Element in Balance:
- Able to balance your own and others needs
- Is considerate and sympathetic
- Seeks harmony